MSI Announces 2020-22 Research Priorities
May 7, 2020
Global pandemic, changing economy frame new research agenda
These six new priority topics will guide MSI research activities and programming over the next two years.
2020-2022 Research Priorities
- Delivering Customer Value
- The Evolving Landscape of Martech and Advertising
- Tools for Capturing Information to Fuel Growth
- The Rise of Omnichannel Promotion and Distribution
- Organizing for Marketing Agility
- Innovation, NPD and Commercialization
- Promoting Inclusion and Diversity in Marketing and Society
As in the past, the new research priorities reflect questions of enduring interest to marketers and researchers, prioritized to reflect contemporary concerns, said MSI Executive Director Barbara Kahn. Further, each should be considered in the context of the current global crisis.
“The pandemic brought on by COVID-19 has wrought incredible change to the global economy that will likely have long-term effects on consumer behavior, the marketplace, branding and communication strategies, market regulation and public policy, global business and more. We are just beginning to see these effects and they offer many opportunities for new research.
“Our biennial research priorities influence the work of scholars all over the world, informing the academic community about our member companies’ most important questions and concerns. We look forward to developing a rich program of activity that addresses those topics.”